Established: February 1941
Purpose/Mission Statement: The purpose of this ministry is to assist the church membership and community by shopping, cooking, cleaning and performing any other tasks when call upon.
Scripture: Colossians 3:23 Whatsoever ye do, do it heartily, as to the Lord, and not unto men.”
Meeting Day/Location: The Stars of Bethany meet the third Sunday of each month after the morning worship service in Christian Education Room 3. All are welcomed to join.
February 11, 1941 in a Church meeting held at 5032 Brown Street, under the Pastorate of Reverend James H. Saunders, a few women decided to organize a club; after approval was received, this club became “The Stars of Bethany”.
The Stars purchased the Church’s first hymnals; while sponsoring fashion shows, concerts and other venues to financially support the vision of the Pastor. The Stars membership of fifteen women and one male continues to faithfully give personal donations to help fulfill the mission of the church.
If you are interested in joining this ministry, please see Ms. Willnette Spraggins for more information.