Established: 1910 Formation of the BethanyMissionary BaptistChurch
Purpose/Mission Statement: The duties of the Deacons are to assist the Pastor in the spiritual oversight of the flock. They shall visit the sick, seek the wandering, reclaim the delinquent, comfort the feeble-minded, encourage the faithful, watch over God’s heritage for good, defend the Gospel and because of Christ, be deficient in nothing if possible for the welfare of Zion(the Church).”
- Assist the Pastor as needed, under the direction of the Chairman of the Deacon Ministry
- Assist Deacon Ministry Chairman and Vice Chairman(s) as needed.
- Demonstrate leadership in service, worship, and giving (tithes, offerings, fund drives, etc.).
- Minister to the needs of our members, as directed by the Pastor and Board Chairman.
- Accompany the Pastor when visiting other churches.
- Support efforts of evangelism, including related outreach, and the New Members ministry.
- Attend monthly ministry meeting with the Pastor (2nd Monday of each month).
- Service as devotional leader/worship leaders as needed.
- Assist with the observance of Baptism and Communion (including home visitations).
- Assist with Christian education, including Sunday School, Weekly Bible Study,VacationBibleSchool, Pastor’s Bible classes, and Kids 4 The Kingdom.
- Support the Fall and Spring Revivals, Annual Prayer Retreat, Annual Block Party, etc.
- Support Wednesday Night Prayer Meeting.
- Visiting sick and shut in members.
- All other necessary duties as assigned.